Installing a new roof is an opportunity to change the look of your home. At Urban Siding, we work with a variety of materials to give you the roof you want. Clay tiles make a great addition to any home and can suit a wide array of architectural styles. Today, we’ll take a look at some of the benefits and disadvantages of clay tiles.
- Clay tiles are long-lasting. Unlike asphalt or cedar shingles, clay tiles won’t break down, weakening the integrity of your roofing system.
- Insects and pests won’t damage clay tile, making it a perfect choice in areas full of wildlife that seek refuge in attics.
- Tile requires very little maintenance because it does not break down due to regular weather conditions.
- Tile roofs are fireproof. If you live in an area prone to wildfires and dangerous embers, tile may protect your home from fire damage.
- Clay tiles are heavy. Some roof frames may not be able to support the weight of the tile. If this is the case, you’ll need to reinforce the framework, adding to the cost of replacing your roof.
- Tiles are more fragile than asphalt shingles, making them more prone to hail and storm damage. Additionally, clay tiles need to be serviced by roofing contractors experienced in working with them. Contractors who are unfamiliar with how to walk on the tiles may crack them and damage your roof.
- Clay tiles are one of the more expensive roofing options. However, they’re designed to last, so if you’re planning on staying in your home for many years to come, they may still be a worthwhile investment.
If you’re interested in installing a clay tile roof in your Calgary home, contact Urban Siding today. Our experts will install the roof you need while staying within your budget. If you’ve already received a quote from another roofing company in Calgary, give us a call. We’ll beat their quote by 5 percent!
With summer just around the corner, you’re likely starting to plan out all the home renovation projects you want to complete. While we admire the DIY spirit, some tasks are best left to professionals in order to get the best result. So, if you’re thinking about repainting the exterior of your home, consider hiring a professional paint team. Here are a few reasons you’ll want to call the experts at Urban Siding.
Painting the exterior of your home can be dangerous, especially if you’re not comfortable working in heights or lack the right tools. Painting also requires the use of harsh chemicals that can pose a health risk when not handled correctly. Our experts follow all the right safety precautions when they’re painting your home.
Saves You Time
What may seem like a simple weekend project can easily turn into a week-long ordeal. Why waste a weekend worrying about getting the right number of paint coats on your siding when we can do it for you? We have the experience to get the job done quickly so your home will be back to looking great as soon as possible.
While painting your home, you’ll need to strip the existing paint away. This process often reveals damage in the siding. Urban Siding will be able to fix these problems before they become major issues and damage your new coat of paint.
Saves You Money
Many people are surprised by the amount of money they spend when painting their home themselves. While they take into consideration the cost of the paint, they often neglect the cost of the necessary tools and the price of fixing any mistakes along the way. We already have the tools necessary for the job, so you won’t have to worry about acquiring five different paint rollers in addition to the small edging brushes you’ll need to paint around your windows.
Urban Siding is here for all your siding needs. From repairs and painting to full siding replacement, we’re your Top Rated Local® siding company in Calgary. Contact us today for your estimate!