When upgrading the siding on your home, you have a variety of choices to choose from. Over the last few years, we’ve seen an increase in the number of homeowners opting for vinyl siding. At Urban Siding, we believe that vinyl siding makes a fantastic addition to any home’s exterior. Today, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of vinyl siding.
- Vinyl siding is easy to install, saving you money on installation costs. Our experts at Urban Siding will install your vinyl siding as quickly as we can, reducing any inconvenience and saving you time and money.
- Siding is available in a wide variety of colors to suit your aesthetic desires. Unlike paint that chips and fades, vinyl’s coloring is designed to last, even against sun fading and heat damage. This siding does not require seasonal painting in order to maintain its vibrant color.
- It’s available in a variety of finishes. Whether you’re wanting to preserve the look and texture of your wood siding, or want a sleek and easy to clean option, vinyl will work for your home. You don’t have to settle on a finish you don’t want in order to install vinyl siding.
- Vinyl can be damaged by severe weather. Because vinyl is not impact-resistant, strong winds and flying debris can leave large dents in your siding.
- You will need to clean it. Vinyl can get just as dirty as wood siding and requires regular cleaning in order to preserve the color of your siding.
- It’s not waterproof. Like most siding, vinyl is not waterproof and should be inspected regularly for signs of water damage.
If you’re interested in upgrading your home’s siding, vinyl can be a fantastic option for your home. Contact the experts at Urban Siding today. We’re proud to be your trusted local siding company in Calgary.