I’m here to tell you that every home needs a shield as tough as the skin of an iguana. With water-shedding capabilities second to none, you are confident of a safe haven in literally any storm with iguana-like siding. At Calgary Siding Repair, we know how important siding maintenance services are to the safe and nurturing environment you and your loved ones enjoy!
THE EFFECTS OF WATER DAMAGE
Water damage is one of the worst things that happen in your home. Initial water damage is only the beginning. Left untreated, this type of damage can weaken and collapse your family’s most important material possession. Untreated water accumulation is a thriving environment for deadly molds, disease-spreading vermin, and microorganisms that can turn lethal for your family and pets.
WATER DAMAGE AND CALGARY SIDING REPAIR
Torn, damaged, unsealed and worn siding presents an easy entry into your home not only for small pests like snakes or rodents but also creates an area where unseen water can enter to form puddles. Without proper ventilation and sunshine, these pools of water become fertile breeding ground for molds and diseases that harm your loved ones. It’s essential to call the company that’s known as “Your Water Shedding Experts” for siding repairs or complete siding installations. That’s why I’m here to tell you that your home needs the same high-quality, impenetrable shield that covers me from head to claw.
Don’t take chances with something as important as your home! Siding installed by experienced craftsmen with over 10 years experience of doing it right the first time ensures a home as waterproof as me! If you want to see what others think, check Calgary Siding Repair on Facebook and Instagram
Contact us today to Request an Estimate–and tell them the iguana sent you!
When upgrading the siding on your home, you have a variety of choices to choose from. Over the last few years, we’ve seen an increase in the number of homeowners opting for vinyl siding. At Urban Siding, we believe that vinyl siding makes a fantastic addition to any home’s exterior. Today, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of vinyl siding.
- Vinyl siding is easy to install, saving you money on installation costs. Our experts at Urban Siding will install your vinyl siding as quickly as we can, reducing any inconvenience and saving you time and money.
- Siding is available in a wide variety of colors to suit your aesthetic desires. Unlike paint that chips and fades, vinyl’s coloring is designed to last, even against sun fading and heat damage. This siding does not require seasonal painting in order to maintain its vibrant color.
- It’s available in a variety of finishes. Whether you’re wanting to preserve the look and texture of your wood siding, or want a sleek and easy to clean option, vinyl will work for your home. You don’t have to settle on a finish you don’t want in order to install vinyl siding.
- Vinyl can be damaged by severe weather. Because vinyl is not impact-resistant, strong winds and flying debris can leave large dents in your siding.
- You will need to clean it. Vinyl can get just as dirty as wood siding and requires regular cleaning in order to preserve the color of your siding.
- It’s not waterproof. Like most siding, vinyl is not waterproof and should be inspected regularly for signs of water damage.
If you’re interested in upgrading your home’s siding, vinyl can be a fantastic option for your home. Contact the experts at Urban Siding today. We’re proud to be your trusted local siding company in Calgary.
Crazy winters and wet summers can wreak havoc on your home’s siding, causing damage and warping that weakens the integrity of the material. In a previous blog, we discussed five signs of siding damage to watch for. If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to replace the siding. At Urban Siding, we work with a wide array of siding materials and want to help you make the right choice for your home. Here’s a brief overview of the types of siding we work with:
Vinyl is a great material for those looking for minimal maintenance and incredible durability. This material comes in a variety of different colors, is dent resistant, and does not require routine painting to maintain its appearance.
Wood Siding and Cedar Shakes
A favorite among Craftsman style homes, this siding provides a natural, classic look that is incredibly durable and offers fantastic insulating properties. Wood is easily stained or painted to achieve the look you’re going for.
Like vinyl siding, aluminum siding resists corrosion due to water damage or moisture. Additionally, it is resistant to pests and will not fall prey to termite damage. Aluminum also offers excellent insulation against heat loss in the winter, making it a fantastic choice for your Airdrie home.
Composite siding is made a combination of materials to create a durable and versatile siding option. Depending on your home, Urban Siding can help you determine which type of composite siding will work best for your structure. As with the other options, composite siding comes in a variety of colors and finishes.
If you have questions about your home’s siding, or believe it’s time to replace your old siding, send us a message today. Urban Siding offers free on-site estimates for your Airdrie home.
Your home’s siding is your main protection against the elements. Any weak points in the material allow moisture to become trapped inside the sheetrock and frame, causing damage to your home’s structure and interior. When damage gets too bad, you’ll notice problems inside your home, but how do you recognize the early signs of damage to your siding? Here are six of the most common signs to watch out for.
- Aging: The signs of aging siding will vary depending on the type of material used. Wood may warp due to heat and moisture while vinyl may show signs of warping due to sun damage. Constant exposure to changing weather and conditions will eventually cause damage to your siding.
- Mold and Rot: Damaged siding is no longer effective at keeping moisture out of the interior of your home. When this happens, you may notice mold on your walls or a pervasive, musty smell throughout your home. If this happens, call your contractor. The mold and rot can affect the integrity of your home’s framing.
- Water Stains: Water stains on your siding will appear as discolored spots or streaking along the panels. These stains are caused by water entering the siding and becoming trapped between the siding and the drywall.
- Rusted or Missing Nails: When your siding was installed, your contractor used nails to fix the panels in place. When nails go missing, the siding becomes vulnerable to wind and can easily fall off the structure. If nails are rusted, it signifies that moisture has seeped into the siding. Over time, these nails can leave rust stains on the siding.
- Pests: While vinyl and aluminum siding are not affected by termites, wood siding can easily be destroyed by the insects. If you see signs of termite damage or hear sounds of rodents in your walls, there may be a weak point in the siding where they’re entering. Look for holes or loose siding panels and call your contractor.
If you see any of these signs in your siding, contact the experts at Urban Siding. We’re the top rated local siding company in Airdrie.